Temporary Errors are among the most frustrating issues that you may face with your Yahoo Mail account. There are numerous types of temporary errors in Yahoo Mail, out of which, Temporary Error 14 is usually that users report frequently. If you are also seeing Temporary Error 14 in your Yahoo Mail account while accessing or using your Yahoo Mail account, you can fix the issue by following the instructions provided below.
Guide to Fix Temporary Error 14 in Yahoo Mail
Usually, Temporary Error 14 gets corrected automatically within a few minutes to a few hours. However, if the problem persists or keeps on occurring, you can consider the below-mentioned steps to clear the error.
Log Out of Your Yahoo Mail Account from All Devices
The first thing you will need to make sure is that you log out from your Yahoo Mail account from all devices such as your Smartphone, Desktop, Laptop, iPhone, iPad, Tablet, etc. Once you sign out from your Yahoo Mail account from all the devices, you can move to the next step.
Always Use a Supported Browser
If you are accessing your Yahoo Mail account using a Web browser, it is recommended to use a supported web browser. Using an incompatible or outdated web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account can lead to issues like Temporary Error 14. Some of the Yahoo supported browsers are Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Moreover, make sure to keep your web browser running with the latest updates.
Clear Cache of your Web Browser
A web browser is known for storing cache files of the website you visit to provide fast response next time you access these websites. However, these cached files can also sometimes lead to issues like temporary error 14 in Yahoo Mail. In such a case, clearing the cache from your browser can help you fix the error. You can delete cache from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge browser using the steps provided below.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click the Menu button and select “Options…”.
- Next, click on the “Privacy & Security” panel.
- Then, select the Clear Data option in the Cookies and Site Data
- Deselect the checkbox next to Cookies and Site Data option and select the one next to Cached Web Content.
- Then, press the Clear button and close the about: preferences If any changes would have made by you, they will get saved automatically.
For Google Chrome
- Select More icon (three vertical dots) from the top-right corner.
- Next, click on the More tools
- Then, select the Clear browsing data
- Choose the time range from the top. To delete everything, you will need to select an All–time
- After that, select the checkbox next to “Cookies and other site data” option and “Cached images and files” option and click Clear data.
For Apple Safari
- First, open the Safari app on your Mac.
- Next, select History > Clear History option and then click on the pop-up menu.
- Then, you will need to select as to how far back you wish to clear your browsing history.
- After that, just follow the on-screen prompts to delete the caches from your Safari browser.
For Microsoft Edge
- Select the Three dots icon located on the top-right corner.
- Next, click on the History option from the drop-down menu.
- Then, select the Clear history
- After that, you will need to select the checkbox next to Cookies and saved data websites and Cached data and files
- Finally, click on the Clear button to remove the cache and cookies from your browser.
Restart Your Browser
Once you have cleared the cache from your browser, you will need to restart it. After restarting the browser, go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page and log in to your Yahoo Mail account. Try to send a test email and see if the Temporary Error is cleared or not.
In most cases, following the above-mentioned steps should help you fix the Temporary Error 14 in your Yahoo Mail account.