Yahoo is one of the most widely used webmail services out there as it comes with a plethora of features and options. On this page, we will be discussing the Yahoo mail sign-in problem that many of you are facing while using the Yahoo services. So, if you are in the same situation with Yahoo and don’t know how to fix the issue, then follow the guidelines provided below to overcome the situation. Below you can find step-by-step instructions to fix Yahoo Mail sign-in issues entirely.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Mail Sign In Problems
There could be many reasons that you are not able to sign in your Yahoo account, so we can divide the issues into two major categories- Yahoo ID and Password Issues and Other Sign-in Issues. Here we will be addressing both the problems in a comprehensive manner.
#1 Yahoo ID and Password Issues
Recover Yahoo User ID or Password
If in case you are not able to recall your correct Yahoo Id or Password then follow the instructions provided below:
- Open the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page to regain access to your Yahoo account by entering your alternate email address or recovery mobile in the prompted field.
- In the next step, select the option as per your preference and click on ‘Continue’
- Now, select a verification method to precede the process.
- As per your preferred option, you will get a verification code by Yahoo on your registered email address or mobile number.
- Type the verification code in the prompted field and regain access to the Yahoo Mail account.
After you regain access to your Yahoo account, you are recommended to use the Yahoo Account Key Feature to avoid Sign-in issues.
Facing an “Invalid ID or Password” error
If you receive an “Invalid ID or Password” error, this means that the Yahoo ID and password combination you have entered doesn’t match the record of Yahoo. In such a case, consider the following:
- Check “Num Lock” or “Caps Lock” keys: Make sure to check these keys while typing your User ID or Password.
- Update your Web Browser Autofill Settings: If your web browser remembers passwords and you want to change your passwords, then you will need to update the autofill settings of your browser.
- Use another Web Browser: Yahoo Mail Sign-in issue majorly causes due to the usage of an unsupported browser. Try another web browser to access your Yahoo account
- Someone Changed your Yahoo Password: The sign-in error can also arise when an unauthorized party has hacked your account and changed your password. Well to overcome with the situation use the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page to get back into your Yahoo account.
Note: Once you have recovered your account, make sure to reset your password.
#2 Other Sign-in Issues
Receive a “First time signing in here?” message
If you are signing in for the first time from a device, program or location that you haven’t used before, then Yahoo may ask you to enter a verification code that has been sent to your recovery mobile number or email address. Through this step, Yahoo will verify you as the rightful owner of the account.
Yahoo Account Locked Temporarily
Yahoo may temporarily lock your account after too many unsuccessful attempts to sign-in. but you need not worry, as Yahoo will automatically unlock your account after 12 hours. But you can easily recover your Yahoo Mail and regain access immediately with the help of Yahoo Sign-in Helper.
Sign-in Screen Loops or Reloads
If your sign-in screen keeps reappearing after you tap on “Sign in” then you need to look for the following:
- From the Yahoo sign-in page, click on Not you?
- In the next screen, enter your Yahoo ID and password.
- Now, click on Sign in to complete the process.
If you are still facing the issue, try these steps:
- Make sure to clear your browser’s cookies on time.
- Try switching to a supported and up-to-date web browser.
- Use a different sign-in page, like our primary login page or the Yahoo Mail Sign-in Page.
If you are still unable to use the Sign-in Helper to get into your Yahoo account then you can contact Yahoo customer service team for an ultimate solution.