Users of Yahoo often have to face certain errors that they can’t escape from. Amongst the most frustrating tech glitches are “Yahoo can’t sign-in and/ or security issues”. The sign-in and security issues in Yahoo Mail are pretty distinct; since you have more important things to do with your mail account, you got to fix the user ID & password issues and back in.
Fixing Sign-in and Security Issues in Yahoo Mail
Below, you will find complete guides to fixing the sign-in and security issues in your Yahoo Mail account.
Sign-in Issues and Their Fixes:
The Yahoo Mail sign-in error usually occurs due to the wrong login details.
- Yahoo ID and Password Issues: If you have forgotten your Yahoo ID or password, visit the “Sign-In Helper” page of Yahoo and locate your ID and use the alternate email address or mobile number to get access to your account again. Once you are back, create a strong password.
- ‘Invalid Password or ID’ Error: Maybe the Yahoo ID and Password don’t match! If that is the case, you need to follow these –
- Password Changed by Someone: Your Yahoo Mail account has perhaps been accessed by another person and he/ she has changed your password without your knowledge. You need to visit the Sign-in Page and fix the error. Secure your account then!
- Check “Num Lock” or “Caps Lock” Keys: Be cautious of what you are typing. Make sure you are not making any typo errors.
- Trust a Different Web Browser: If your web browser is not updated or is incompatible with Yahoo, it is time to give a try from a different browser. If you are able to back into your account, the problem is then with the browser, not with your account.
- Update Browser Autofill Settings: Since you have changed the password, you need to log into your account on a new browser and update the browser autofill settings.
Other Sign-in Errors and Their Fixes:
- “First Time Signing-in Here?” Message: Apart from the regular sign-in issues in your Yahoo Mail account, you may get a “first time signing in here?” message when you try to log in from a location, device, or program that Yahoo doesn’t recognize. It will send you a verification code to verify the person is you. Make sure you have access to your alternate email ID and mobile phone to receive code.
Have Security Concerns?
Yahoo thrives to protect your account from hackers and unexpected encroachments. There are times when your Yahoo Mail account is exposed to the hackers, thus compromised. So how do you know whether your account is hacked? Here are the signs of a hacked Yahoo account –
- Account sending spam to contacts.
- Not receiving emails.
- Account info is compromised.
- Logins from unknown devices or locations.
Intruders may try to change the settings and interrupt your smoothing emailing experience. You need to look for the following things –
- Sending name
- Email filters
- Reply-to address
- Email signature
- Send-only address
- Vacation response
- Default sending address
- Blocked addresses
- Auto-forwarding address
Additional Security Features You Need to Look for:
Yahoo has introduced additional security features that will let you know when your account is in danger. They are spam alerts, phishing alerts, reply-to alerts, and mail forwarding alerts.
Now that you have got access to your Yahoo Mail account, don’t risk it again. Switch to Yahoo Account Key immediately and get rid of the sign-in issue forever