Chromebook is an excellent, budget-friendly laptop for your day to day computer-related tasks. However, like any other computers and laptops, Chromebooks are also prone to issues. One of such issues that you may face is Yahoo Mail not working on Chromebook. If you are experiencing problems accessing your Yahoo Mail account on Chromebook, such as application crashing frequently, Chromebook functioning slow, or restarting all the times, you may want to follow the workarounds provided below.
Guide to Fix “Yahoo Mail Not Working on Chromebook” Problem
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you will need to ensure is that your internet connection is working properly. You can check the internet connectivity on your Chromebook by opening a random website on your web browser. If the website you are trying to open loads as expected, it means that your internet is functioning fine. However, if the website doesn’t load or it is taking time to load, it means that you need to address the issues with your internet first and then check the problem with your Yahoo Mail account.
Make Sure Issues are Not at Yahoo’s End
Another thing you need to ensure is that the problem with your Yahoo Mail account is not occurring due to a problem at Yahoo’s end. For that, you will need to check the status of Yahoo Mail online. There are numerous websites available online that can help you know the status of Yahoo Mail. If you find the status of Yahoo to be down, you will need to wait until the problem gets resolved at Yahoo’s end.
Keep Your Chromebooks OS Up to Date
One of the main causes of malfunctioning of any program or application on Chromebook is using an outdated operating system. It is therefore recommended to always make sure that your Chromebook operating system is running with the latest updates.
Check the Accessibility Settings
If you are using a Yahoo Mail Android application on your Chromebook to access your emails, it is suggested to make sure that the Accessibility setting Select to speak is disabled as this is the main cause of your Yahoo Mail app (and other Android applications) getting crashed.
Keep Your Yahoo Mail App Up-to-Date
Using an outdated Yahoo Mail application can also be the reason that may prevent your Yahoo Mail account from functioning properly on Chromebook. It is thus strongly recommended to keep your Yahoo Mail app running with the latest updates all the time.
If the Chromebook is Running Slow when Using Yahoo Mail
In case you find your Chromebook to be running slow when accessing your Yahoo Mail application or any other application, it is suggested to consider restarting your Chromebook. If even after restarting your system the problem persists, you can check for the system updates. Sometimes there might be some missing updates that could be required by Google to fix issues on the software side. Although a Chromebook usually check for updates and download the latest ones when it is connected to an internet network, to perform the process manually, you can follow the steps provided below.
- On your Chromebook, click on the System Clock located in the lower-right corner.
- Next, you will need to click on the Settings option (Gear icon) located on the pop-up menu. Doing so will take you to the Settings
- Then, you will need to click on the About Chrome OS option listed on the left-hand side section.
- After that, you will need to click on the Check for Updates This action will make Chromebook check for the latest version, and install the update if available.
- Once your Chromebook gets updates, simply restart your system and check if you are now able to access your Yahoo Mail account without any problem.
Use Chrome Browser to Access your Yahoo Mail Account
In most of the cases, the above-mentioned workarounds should help you fix the issues with your Yahoo Mail not working on Chromebook, however, if the problem persists, you can considering accessing your Yahoo Mail account using the Chrome web browser. To access your Yahoo Mail account on the Chrome browser, follow these steps:
- Open the Yahoo Mail sign-in page on your Chrome browser.
- On the sign-in page, you will need to enter your Yahoo User ID and Password in the prompted fields.
- Once you are logged into your account, you can easily check your emails, and reply or compose messages to send to the recipients.
- While using a web browser on your Chromebook you can easily access your Yahoo Mail account, however, make sure that you keep your web browser running with the latest updates and use only reliable add-ons or plug-ins for your Chrome browser.
So, these are the workarounds that should help you fix Yahoo Mail not working on Chromebook.