While Yahoo Mail is designed keeping the reliability, efficiency, and security of the users in mind, however, there are some issues that users encounter one or the other time with their Yahoo Mail account. One such problem which is reported by a lot of users is the problem composing an email in their account. If you are also facing the “Yahoo Mail Compose not working” issue, you can fix it by following the information provided below.
Guide to Fix “Yahoo Mail Compose Not Working” Issue
Check the Status of Yahoo Mail
The first thing you will need to check is that the issue is not being caused due to an error on Yahoo’s end. You can verify that by using the online services. There are several websites that can help you in knowing the status of the website. If the status appears to be down for Yahoo Mail, you will need to wait until the problem gets resolved on Yahoo’s end. However, if the status appears to be fine, you can move to the next workaround.
Check Your Web Browser
One of the most common causes for most of the issues in Yahoo Mail is with the web browser on which you access your Yahoo Mail account. It is always suggested to use a supported web browser to access your Yahoo Mail account. Using an incompatible or outdated web browser can lead to different issues with Yahoo Mail including problem composing an email message. Therefore it is recommended to use supported web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge to access your Yahoo Mail account. Also, make sure to always keep your browser running with the latest version.
Clear the Cache of your Web Browser
Web browsers are known for storing temporary files of webpages you visit in its cache for loading them faster whenever you visit them again. While these data are expected to recreate each time you go to the webpage, however, sometimes things don’t work correctly and the data gets corrupted, leading to issues like problem composing an email message. Considering this reason, it is suggested to clear the cache of your web browser and check if this helps in clearing the error. Below you can find the steps to clear cache for a popular supported web browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Press the Menu button in your Mozilla Firefox browser and select the “Options…” option from the menu.
- Next, you will need to select the “Privacy & Security” panel and click on the Clear Data option under the Cookies and Site Data
- Then, select the checkbox next to the Cached Web Content
- After that, simply click on the Clear button and close the about: preferences page.
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser and click on the three dots icon in the top-right corner of your Edge browser.
- Next, you will need to click on the History option from the menu and select the Clear history
- Then, you will need to select the checkbox next to Cached data and files and Cookies and saved website data
- Finally, press the Clear button to clear the cache from your browser.
- Click on the More icon (three vertical dots) in your Google Chrome browser (on the top-left corner).
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, select the More tools option and click
- In the window that appears on your screen, you will need to select the time range(top section) to clear the cache for a particular duration. To delete everything, select the All-time option from the menu.
- Then, select the check boxes next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files” options and click on the Clear data
- In your Apple Safari browser, you will first need to go to the History
- Once you are in the History section, you will need to click on the Clear History
- Then, simply select how far back you wish to remove your browsing history and follow the on-screen instructions to clear the cache.
- In your Google Chrome browser, click on the More menu option (three vertical dots) located on the top-right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Settings option and then go to the Advanced settings
- In the Advanced settings section, you will need to go to the “Privacy and security” section and select the Content settings
- Openthe Safari web browser and select the Security preferences
- In the Security preferences section, you will find the option to turn security warnings on or off.
- In your Microsoft Edge browser, click on the More menu option(three horizontal dots).
- Next, click on the Open with Internet Explorer
- Then, go to Tools>Internet Options section and click on the Custom Level option in the Security
- After that, you will need to click the Enable option for Active Scripting in the Scripting section and select the Yes option in the dialog box that appears on your screen.
Check Antivirus, AntiSpyware, and Firewall Products
In certain cases, the problem of “Yahoo Mail compose not working” can also be caused due to antivirus, antispyware, and firewall programs. These programs sometimes can block the scripts or features which are essential for Yahoo Mail to function properly. To check if this is the reason for the issue in your Yahoo Mail account, you can consider disabling your security programs temporarily. However, when disabling the programs, make sure to deactivate one program at a time. Doing so will help in knowing the exact program causing the issue. Once you find the faulty program, you can reach to its manufacturer for appropriate resolution.
So, these are the different workarounds that will help you in fixing the “Yahoo Mail compose not working” error in your Yahoo Mail account.