If you use Yahoo Mail services to utilize all the emailing correspondence, then here comes the good news for you, as Yahoo announced the new feature to enable Yahoo Mail alerts for its users. Through this trait, you can access quick alerts for new mail messages without checking the inbox from time to time. Here we provide you with a step-by-step guide to enable instant Yahoo Mail alerts for new webmail. Follow these instructions to solve your queries.
Get Quick Yahoo! Mail Alerts of New Messages in Your Browser
The Yahoo Messenger is configured to send a desktop alert through the browser whenever you get a new message arrives in your Yahoo! Mail Account.
To learn how to get Yahoo Mail Alerts, read this guidebook.
- To begin with, you need to make sure that the desktop alerts are enabled in your browser. Along with this, also check your Yahoo Mail is not in the blocking list from displaying alerts.
- Next, you will need to visit the web browser on your desktop and open the Yahoo! Mail Account simply by signing in.
- Once the Yahoo mail displays your inbox filter, move your mouse cursor over the gear like icon presented top-right corner in your Yahoo! Mail.
- After this, explore Settings from the drop-down menu and click on it.
- Now, tap on the Viewing Email category and click on the Enable Desktop Notifications checkbox presented at the Desktop notifications, and finally click on the Save button to save the settings.
Note: If you can’t see this option then your browser does not support this Yahoo Mail feature. But, don’t need to panic you can try to open your Yahoo account in another web browser (like Opera, Chrome, Safari or Firefox) and do the process.
- Once these above mentioning steps are completed, close your Yahoo mail and reopen it.
- Now, allow ‘***.mail.yahoo.com’ to display alerts in the browser.
- Finally, make sure that the Yahoo account is open in pinned or any normal tab to display the notification.
How to Enable Desktop Notifications in Your Web Browser
Every browser works with a different mechanism to enable desktop notification. Look at the procedure to allow the instant alert.
- Open Google Chrome in your desktop and select the Menu button presented at the Right-hand corner of the URL field.
- Now, tap on the Settings and select the Show advanced settings.
- After this, you need to click on the Content settings under the Privacy section.
- Now, you have to make sure one of the following is selected under the Notifications section:
- Allow all sites to show notifications or
- Ask when a site wants to show notifications (recommended)
- After the completion of the above mentioning process, click on Manage exceptions under Notifications.
- Next, you have to make sure no entry of ‘****.mail.yahoo.com’ that is set in Deny list under Behavior.
- Finally, select Done and complete the process.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox and select the Menu button of the browser.
- After this, go for Preferences from the Menu bar and open the Content category.
- Now, click Choose under the notifications and check the blocklist to ensure there is no entry of ‘****.mail.yahoo.com’.
- Finally, click on Save and close the window.
By following these above-mentioning instructions, you will be able to get an instant Yahoo Mail Alert of new messages in your web browser and get notified.