Spam is a type of cyber attack or online identity theft, which uses fake emails to steal confidential account information. For example, you may receive an email in your Yahoo! Mail asking for your account credentials such as account name and password from someone identifying him or herself as an official Yahoo employee. Reporting spam against such attempts enables the company to take action against the sender. To learn how to report spam messages in Yahoo! Mail, follow this step-by-step guide to complete the process.
Report Spam Messages in Yahoo! Mail (Newest Version)
STEP 1: Access your Yahoo! Account-
- Head to yahoo.com to and you will be prompted to Yahoo! Mail’s Sign-in page.
- In the next step, enter your Yahoo email address and Yahoo Password in the required field.
STEP 2: Select the Spam Message
- Once you log in to the account, go to the Inbox folder and select the message that you want to report.
- You can do this either by opening the message or by clicking the checkmark next to the message.
STEP 3: Click on the Spam Icon
- Once you select and checkmark the spam message, click on the Spam button by exploring the menu options presented at the top of the messages.
- After the completion of this step, all the future messages from that particular sender will automatically place in the spam folder.
Note: Alternatively, you can Block that sender by accessing More option (3 dots). After this, select the Block Senders icon and stop gaining spam emails in future, for more information you are absolutely free to contact Yahoo technical support phone number.
Steps to Report Spam Messages in Yahoo! Mail Classic
To submit a junk email as Spam in Yahoo! Mail Classic, follow these steps provided below:
STEP 1: Access your Yahoo! Mail Classic Account
- Launch your Yahoo! Mail Classic Sign Page and type your email id and password.
- Go to the inbox and search for a spam message, which you want to report.
STEP 2: Mark Spam Message
- After login, select the spam message to open it.
- Now, go to the Spam icon presented on the top and tap on it.
- Once you complete the action, you will receive a confirmation message.
More than this, you can report spam directly from a Yahoo! Account. By following the below-provided steps and you can stop accessing spam messages.
Steps to Report Spam Messages Directly from Yahoo! Account
Users must take note that, all the below-provided steps are applicable only if, the spam messages are coming from a Yahoo! Mail account.
- Visit the Report Abuse or Spam on Yahoo
- After this, click on the report it to Yahoo directly link mentioned on the screen.
- You will be prompted to the next screen, where you need to fill the application form by entering your Yahoo ID, First Name, Detailed Description of Issue, and Yahoo ID of the person you are reporting.
- Now, checkmark the reCAPTCHA box and tap on Create Request.
And this is how you can Report Spam Messages in your Yahoo! Mail Account.