iPhone users can set up or remove an email account in the mail app quite easily. If you are a Yahoo Mail account user, the following steps will help you set up or remove a Yahoo Mail account in the iOS Mail app.
Steps to Set Up or Remove a Yahoo Mail Account in the iOS Mail App
There are two ways to install or add a Yahoo Mail account in the Mail app on your iOS device – Manually and Automatically. Choose the right option that is best for you.
- How to Set Up Your Yahoo Mail Account Automatically
If you are using the newer versions of the OS, go through the steps below to add your email account automatically.
- Unlock your iPhone and go to ‘Settings’.
- Tap the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ option and then tap ‘Add Account’.
- You will then have to choose your email provider, i.e. Yahoo
- Enter your Yahoo Mail username (email address) and password
- You will have to tap the ‘Next’ button and wait for Mail to verify your account.
- Next, you will need to choose ‘Contacts or Calendars’
- Then, tap the ‘Save’ button
You have now configured your Yahoo Mail account in the iOS Mail app automatically.
How to Set Up Your Yahoo Mail Account Manually
Those who are using older versions of the OS should stick to these steps mentioned below to complete setting up their Yahoo Mail account in iOS Mail app manually.
- Go to ‘Settings’ in the iOS app.
- Tap the ‘Accounts & Passwords’ > ‘Add Account’
- Tap ‘Other’ > ‘Add Mail Account’
- You need to then provide your email address, name, password, and a description.
- Click on the incoming and outgoing servers to enter IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
- Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 993
- Requires SSL – Yes
Outgoing Mail (IMAP) Server
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Requires authentication – Yes
Your Login Info
- Email Address
- Requires Authentication – Yes
- Provide your email address and tap ‘Next’
- ‘Use SSL’ should be on and ‘Server Port’ should be 587
- Tap the ‘Done’ button
How to Remove or Delete Your Yahoo Mail Account in the iOS Mail App
To remove your email account from the iOS Mail app, we bring you the following workarounds.
- Tap the ‘Settings’ option on your iPhone.
- Select ‘Accounts & Passwords’ and tap your Yahoo Mail account.
- You will now be able to delete your account. Just tap ‘Delete Account’.
Great! You have now learned how to set up or remove a Yahoo Mail Account in the iOS Mail app manually and automatically. For any professional help you can call toll free Yahoo customer support service phone number to fix your email issue.