Your password is the golden key to the access of your online world. Now online security has become so vulnerable that cybercriminals can easily hack anyone’s account. The hackers can impersonate the user and can post, send or steal data, initiate any transaction from the account and many other nasty things. That’s why; creating a strong password is very much important for everyone. Though Yahoo has strong security support for its users, it is always better to have a ‘hard to crack’ password for safety. Here are some tips to create a strong password to make your Yahoo account secure.
- On-Demand password: It is the most secure way according to Yahoo. In this process, whenever you want to login in your account, Yahoo will send you a unique OTP or One Time Password in your registered number through which you can access your account. In this process, you don’t need to memorize anything as every time you will get a new one.
- 12 characters password: In case of a fixed password, go for a longer one. The longer passwords are hard to crack and more secure.
- Memorable but Not Obvious: Sometimes people create complex passwords but forget it later. On the other hand, to remember they have to write it down which is also a very risky practice. That’s why; it is better to create the password which is memorable to you but not very obvious that someone can guess.
- Good Combination: It is always advisable to create the password with a combination of lower case, upper case, symbols or special characters and numbers. As the Yahoo password is case sensitive, it can differentiate between the lower case and the upper case.
- Avoid Sequence: Never use any kind of sequence in your password like 1234 or abcd which the hacker can track easily.
- Spin-Off: The best way to make a password is by the spin-off of familiar phrases. You can use 8 for g, $ for S or z for se. You can remove vowel and replace it with the symbol. For example, you can write a password as Pa$$w0rd.
- Unique One: Try to create different passwords for different websites. If you are using the same password for all websites then the hacker can access all of them without any hassle.
- Avoid Personal information: it is recommended not to use the personal information (birthday, anniversary, pet’s name, or kid’s name) as the password.
You should not share your password with anyone for any reason. Your password is the secret that only you should know. So, make it strong and keep it safe.