Many Yahoo users face trouble signing into their Yahoo Mail account on Google product like Chrome and Android. If you are having an issue accessing your Yahoo Mail account or if you are not able to use certain features in your account, you can try fixing the issue by following the workaround provided in this guide.
Steps to Fix Problems with Yahoo Not Working Properly on Chrome1. Clear the Cache from your Chrome Browser
- Open Chrome on your computer and click on the More option (three vertical dots) located on the top-right corner of your browser.
- Select More tools > Clear browsing data option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Next, select the time range for which you wish to remove Cache. If you want to remove everything, select “All time” option.
- Then, select the checkboxes next to the “Cached images and files” option.
- After that, click on the “Clear data” option.
- The cache will be cleared from your Chrome browser.
- Go to the More option (three vertical dots) in Chrome browser.
- Check the More option for the following colors. These colors indicate whether an update is available for your Chrome browser or not.
- Red: Update has been available for 7 days.
- Green: Update has been available for 2 days
- Orange: Update has been available for 4 days
- No Color: Your browser is already up-to-date.
- If an update is available, click on the “More” option and select Update Google Chrome option.
- Click on the More option (three vertical dots) located at the top-right corner of your Chrome browser and select Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Under Settings tab, click on the Advanced option.
- Then, select Content settings option under “Privacy and security” section.
- Go to More option (three vertical dots) and select More tools > Extensions option.
- Next, click on the Remove option next to the extension which you wish to remove.
- Then again click Remove. The browser enhancement will be removed from your Chrome browser.
In the rare case that you will find any Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs will be blocking scripts and features that are important for Yahoo pages. However, if you are having a problem using any Yahoo features, you can try disabling the security programs to check if they are causing the problem.
- You will need to visit the Software’s help section to know how to deactivate security programs.
- Once deactivated, check if the problem gets fixed in your Yahoo account. If the problem gets fixed, consider deactivating the program causing an issue.
You can try accessing your Yahoo account from another computer or mobile device to know if the problem is with your computer or mobile device. If you are able to access your Yahoo account easily on another device, try addressing the problem on your computer or mobile device.8. Reset your Chrome Browser to its Default Settings
- Go to the More option (three vertical dots) and select Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the “Advanced” option located at the bottom of the page.
- Next, click on the Reset option under “Reset” section.
- Then, confirm your action by clicking on the Reset button.
Steps to Fix Problems with Yahoo Not Working Properly on Android1. Yahoo Mail App is Freezing, Slow or Crashing
- Make sure to update your Android operating system to the latest version.
Clear the app data and cache from your device.
- To clear caches, go to Menu icon on (three horizontal lines).
- Select Settings option and tap on the Clear cache (twice) to confirm your action.
- To clear app data, go to the Settings app and swipe to “Device” option and then tap on the Applications option.
- Select Application manager and then tap Yahoo Mail > Clear data > Clear.
- Force stop and restart the app
- Go to the Settings option and select Application Manager option.
- Then, tap on the Yahoo app which is not functioning.
- Next, tap on the Force Stop button and then re-launch the app and check if the problem gets cleared.
- Uninstall and re-install the app on your device.
- To uninstall the app, go to the Settings option and select Apps option under Device.
- Select the app you wish to uninstall and tap on the Uninstall option.
- After that tap on the Ok button.
- Contact your device’s manufacturer to know how to fix app issues on your particular device.
Some of the features of Yahoo are only available for the desktop version and not for the mobile app versions. Some of these features include:
- Block email addresses.
- Create vacation responses.
- Send to a contact list.
- View full email headers.
- Phone number changed : If you have changed your phone number, but still you are using the same phone, you will need to perform these steps:
- On your computer, go to your Profile name > Account info > Account security.
- Click on your existing phone number and select Add recovery phone number option.
- Now, enter your phone number in the prompted field and click on the Send SMS button.
- Enter the Account Key which you receive on your phone number one subsequent page and click on the Verify button.
- Two-Step Verification Feature : If you have enabled two-step verification feature on your Yahoo account, you will need to generate an app password for your Android app as It doesn’t support two-step verification feature.
- To generate app password, go to Profile name > Account info > Account security.
- Click on the Generate app passwords or Manage app passwords option located below two-step verification feature.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to generate app password for your Android device.
- Internet Network Access : Make sure that you are connected to the internet properly. Try accessing any website on your Android web browser and see if your internet works properly.
- Review your App Permissions : App permissions are the criteria that allow an app to connect to the information on your device. So, make sure to review app permissions for your Yahoo Mail app.
- Go to the Settings option on your Android device.
- Next, tap on the “Apps” or “Application Manager” option.
- Then, select the app icon for the app you wish to review.
- After that, go to the Permissions section and review the information.
So, these are some of the measures to fix Yahoo Mail malfunctioning on Google Chrome and Android.