While there are numerous ways you can access your Yahoo Mail account, such using the Desktop browser, iOS application, Android application, and by setting up auto-forwarding, people generally prefer to use a third-party email client, like Outlook and Mac Mail. To access your Yahoo Mail account on such a third-party email client, you need to use either POP or IMAP protocols.
These protocols are known for connecting the email programs to your Yahoo Mail account. Although the configuration process is easy to carry out. however, some users due to misconfiguration find the Yahoo Outgoing Mail server not working for their account. If you are also looking to fix the “Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server Not Working” problem, you can fix it easily by following the instructions provided below.
Guide to Fix “Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server Not Working” Problem
The email client on which you set up your Yahoo Mail account using IMAP or POP settings requires a lot of things to align properly to make them work. You can use the below-mentioned workarounds to identify and fix the source of the problem for your Yahoo Mail account.
Check if the Issue is With your Account
When experiencing Yahoo Mail Outgoing Mail server issue, you will need to check any prompts or issues you notice when performing the following before you can access your account in a third-party email application.
- Firstly, you will need to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account using a supported web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari).
- Once you are logged in to your account, you will need to compose a new email and add your address in the “To” field.
- Then, you will need to send the email and check if the message arrives within 5 minutes.
Make Sure That You Have Configured Your Yahoo Mail Account With Correct POP or IMAP Settings
The next thing you will need to check is that you have configured the app with the correct POP settings or IMAP settings for your Yahoo Mail account. Sometimes even when you may find the info to be correct, the data on the hard drive that the application saved might turn out to be corrupt or having hidden invalid characters. In such a case, it is suggested to consider deleting your account from the app and add it again to avoid misconfiguration. In case you want to have specific instructions for your application, it is suggested to contact its manufacturer.
Check for software that is blocking the ports we use
As security programs and settings like Firewalls, antivirus software, and network protocols are known for having the potential to block ports. you may face Yahoo Outgoing Mail server not working problem sometimes. If any of Yahoo ports (995, 465, or 587) are being blocked by such security programs or settings, the app might not be able to connect to our servers. In such a case, it is suggested to check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the manufacturer of your security software to learn how to check for and unblock ports on your system.
Check the Following Scenarios
The next thing that you can use to fix Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server not working issue in your Yahoo Mail account is following the below-mentioned scenarios. You will need to check if any of the following condition applies in your case.
Have your configured your Yahoo Mail account using an older IMAP or POP email app?
- If you have configured your Yahoo Mail account using an older POP or IMAP email app, you may see “Server password has changed” or an “Authentication failed” error messages on your screen. The reason for these errors could be that the email apps are using outdated security protocols for which Yahoo has disabled access.
Have your enabled Yahoo account key or two-step verification for your Yahoo Mail account?
- If you have enabled Yahoo Account or Two-step verification feature for your Yahoo Mail account to ensure the security, you will need to generate an app password for the third-party email client using which you are looking to access your Yahoo Mail account. You can generate the apps password in your Yahoo Mail account by going to Account info > Account Security
Are you using an extra email address in your Yahoo Mail account?
- If you have added an extra email address to your Yahoo Mail account, make sure to verify that email address. Having an unverified address can lead to errors. like 553 error code when sending an email using a third-party email client. You can follow the instructions sent to the extra email address to complete the verification process.
Contact your app manufacturer or use a different app
In case you have verified that your Yahoo Mail account is working properly outside of the application and you have also checked the other possible solutions, the problem could be lying with the application that you are using. In such a case, it is suggested to contact the app manufacturer as they might be having some additional troubleshooting steps to help you overcome the problem. Alternatively, you can also consider using a different email program to set up your Yahoo Mail account.
So, these are the workarounds that should help you fix the “Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server Not Working” Error in your Yahoo Mail account.