Yahoo Mail is an exceptional email service to carry out both personal and professional email obligations. Not only you can access your Yahoo Mail account through other email account and third-party email clients, but also you can access emails from other email accounts in your Yahoo Mail account. Similarly, there are numerous other amazing features that make Yahoo Mail an ideal choice for an email service.
If you are looking to create a Yahoo Mail account, you can easily sign up for it by going on the Yahoo homepage. However, if you are having trouble signing up for a Yahoo Mail account, you can follow the workaround provided below.
Guide to Fix Yahoo Mail Sign Up Error
- Make Sure that There is No Issue at Yahoo’s End
The first thing to ensure when signing up for Yahoo Mail account is that there are no issues at Yahoo’s end. You can check the status of Yahoo by searching for it on any search engine. Just enter the “Yahoo Status” keyword in the search field and press Enter. From the search result select anyone and check whether Yahoo status is down. To check Yahoo’s small business system status, you can visit the Yahoo small business page.
- Check Your Internet Connection
When trying to sign up for a Yahoo Mail account, you need to make sure that your device is connected to the internet network properly. You can check this by opening a random website on your web browser. If the website opens properly, it means your internet is working correctly. However, if the website doesn’t open properly, you will first need to address this issue.
- Disable Browser Enhancement
Some browser enhancements are known for affecting the functionality of Yahoo Mail. If you have installed extensions to your web browser, it is suggested to disable it and then try signing up for a new Yahoo Mail account. When disabling, make sure to disable one extension at a time. This will help in identifying as to which add-on or plug-in is actually interfering with Yahoo.
- Disable Security Programs
Security programs like Antivirus Program and Firewall Settings are known for interfering with your web browser, which in turn affects the functionality of Yahoo. Therefore, it is suggested to disable such a security program (one at a time) to check if any such security program is causing Yahoo Mail to sign up error. If you find an application affecting Yahoo, it is suggested to configure an exception for the web browser in the particular program.
- Verify your Phone Number and Email Address
When creating your new Yahoo Mail account, it is suggested to verify the email address and phone number you enter in the prompted field. It is important to verify your identity using the email address and phone. Without verification, you may not be able to create your Yahoo Mail account.
So, these are the workarounds that you need to consider in order to fix Yahoo Mail sign up error. Once you are able to fix the issues with Yahoo Sign up the error, you can follow these steps to create your Yahoo Mail account.
Steps to Create a Yahoo Mail Account
- Go to the Yahoo Login and click on the “Create an account” button located at the bottom of the page.
- On the Yahoo sign-up form, you will need to enter details for your First name, Last name, Email Address, Phone Number, Password, Date of Birth, Gender (optional) in the relevant fields.
NOTE: In the field where you need to enter your email address field, you can either create a new Yahoo email address or you can use an existing one by selecting “I’d rather use my own email address” link located under the Email address field. Also, providing Gender information is not mandatory. You may skip it if you do not want to enter it.
- Once you are done providing the required information, click on the Continue
- Next, verify the phone number entered by you. For the verification, click on the Text me an Account Key An Account key will be sent to your phone.
- Then, enter the Account Key in the provided field on the subsequent screen and click the Verify
- Once you are done verifying your phone number, a “Congratulations” message will appear on the next screen. Then, you will need to click on the Let’s get started You will be directed to the Yahoo homepage and your Yahoo Mail account will be created.