Yahoo mail offers you the functionality to empty the Trash folder automatically by default. Except to wait for the automatic process, emptying the trash manually is fairly straightforward. With a couple of clicks, you can clear all your deleted emails from the Trash folder and keep your account organized. On this page, we will be discussing the steps to empty the trash folder in Yahoo Mail. Follow this guidebook instruction to complete the process.
Note: Information provided in this article applies to the Yahoo web versions as well as the Yahoo Mail app for Android and iOS.
Steps to Empty Trash Folder in Yahoo Mail
To delete messages permanently from your Trash folder in the web version of Yahoo Mail, pursue the steps:
- Open Yahoo Mail on your PC by using your Yahoo email address and associated password.
- On the left navigation column, click on the Deleted Items
- Finally, tap on the message which you want to permanently delete and click the Delete button presented at the top. Or you can simply press the Delete Icon in front of the Deleted Items tab to quickly remove all the conversations from the folder.
Steps to Empty Trash Folder in Yahoo Mail Basic
If you are using Yahoo Mail Basic version then, pursue these below-provided steps to empty your trash folder.
- To begin the process, Launch Yahoo Mail Basic version on your computer.
- In the next step, click on the Deleted Items tab presented on the left Navigation column.
- At last, select the email and tap the Delete button to permanently remove the message.
- Your Trash folder is now empty.
Emptying the Trash Folder in Yahoo Mail App (Android and iOS Device)
In order to empty the trash in the Yahoo Mail Mobile App, follow the step-by-step instructions directed below:
- Open Yahoo Mail Application on your Android or iOS Device and click on the Menu icon.
- Now, explore the Trash button from the left Navigation column and click on it.
- Select the message to open it, and tap the Delete icon to remove the message from the Trash Or you can quickly free up memory by tapping on the Delete icon presented on the Trash button.
Important Tip: As per the Trash deletion frequency, your trash folder messages will automatically be emptied after 7 days.